Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

HI! i PURCHASED A GARMIN GPS Last month and used it to go…

Customer Question
HI! i PURCHASED A GARMIN...
HI! i PURCHASED A GARMIN GPS Last month and used it to go through Chicago for important show....I got routed through the back strets and without police help I never would have made it. help... How do I pre-check a route ? 2 how do I pick the route myself?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
6/28/2010
Car Electronics Technician: Andy, Elec & Comp Pro replied 8 years ago
Andy, Elec & Comp Pro
Hi

Please do this and let me know.

It can happen if the "avoidances" have been selected in settings. Seems you have turned on to avoid highways.

The Garmin nuvi has an Avoidance menu where you can select various options to help you avoid particular roads or area on your route.

To locate the Avoidance menu:
  1. From the main menu screen touch Tools
  2. Touch Settings
  3. Touch Navigation
  4. Touch Avoidances

Here you will see a list of avoidances.

To Disable an avoidance:

1. Remove the Tick (Uncheck) from the square next to the avoidance you which to enable so that a tick appears
  2. Touch OK
The device will now not avoid the roads or areas you have selected.

Let me know

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT".

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Relist: no avoinances are checked except car pool lane... answer not adequate. please try again. why can't I talk to a human being. reaDY TO RUN OVER THE GARMIN WITH MY NCAR... THANKS PLEASE HELP. i WANT TO XXXXX BEFORE i TRAVEL TO SEE IF i AGREE, SO i DON'T GET STUCK IN HIGHWAY TRAFIC AND HAVE AN ACCIDENT OR GET STOPPED BY POLICE AGAIN. i WANT TO TO THE END POINT TO MAKE SURE i HAVE PROGRAMED IT RIGHT. THANKS XXXXX .
no avoinances are checked except car pool lane... answer not adequate. please try again. why can't I talk to a human being. reaDY TO RUN OVER THE GARMIN WITH MY NCAR... THANKS PLEASE HELP. i WANT TO XXXXX BEFORE i TRAVEL TO SEE IF i AGREE, SO i DON'T GET STUCK IN HIGHWAY TRAFIC AND HAVE AN ACCIDENT OR GET STOPPED BY POLICE AGAIN. i WANT TO TO THE END POINT TO MAKE SURE i HAVE PROGRAMED IT RIGHT. THANKS XXXXX
STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND.... AVOIDANCES ARE NOT ON .. MUST BE OTHER PROBLEM. i WILL CLOSE AND TRY TO GET DETAILED MANUAL. STORE SAID THEY DO NOT KNOW. IF THAT DOES NOT WORK, i CAN NOT USE IT, OR TRUST IT. THE POLICE LAUGHED WHEN THEY SAY i WAS USING IT. TOLD ME TO PITCH IT!!!!!!! PHIL
Hi

I am sorry I am out of ideas. I will opt out and open this question to all experts. Someone should get back to you soon.