Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

i have a magellan sporttrak map.could you help with a problem…

Customer Question
i have a magellan sporttrak...
i have a magellan sporttrak map.could you help with a problem with the unit?on the sat. screen, there are sat.there but no signal strangth.the gps is 7-10 yrs old.or could it use an update thanks joe candido
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/22/2010
Car Electronics Technician: jeffrey590, Car Electronics Technician replied 8 years ago
jeffrey590
jeffrey590, Car Electronics Technician
Good EveningCustomer The unit may need an update depending on the last time you updated the software...But your description sounds like a possible antenna problem...Make sure antenna contacts are secure and clean of corrosion...Then update to latest software at the Magellan website and see if this solves your issue...If you need further assistance please let me know...jeffrey590