Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Hi I have the nuvi 200 and reads cant load no maps, what do…

Customer Question
Hi I have the nuvi...
Hi I have the nuvi 200 and reads can't load no maps, what do i do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
6/18/2010
Car Electronics Technician: bluextc89, Small Business Owner replied 8 years ago
bluextc89
bluextc89, Small Business Owner
Have you reset it?
Is this the first time it has done this?
What were you doing when this came up?

Thanks!!
this is the first time this has happen & how do i reset it

Is there anyone to assist me?

The first reset I want you to do is a soft reset - it does not erase any data on the unit...

There is a hole in the bottom to stick a paperclip in.

The reset is in that hole.

let me know the outcome.

Thanks!!

If that doesnt resolve the issue - a MASTER reset is in order.

You may need to do a full master reset. Please note that a master reset erases Favorites and waypoints. Before proceeding, you may want to back up information you want to keep.
To do a full master reset to the nuvi 200 series unit:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Place your fingertip or the eraser end of a pencil in the bottom right corner of the touchscreen.
  3. Apply pressure in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  4. While pressing down on the screen, power on the unit and continue pressing on the screen. A message displays to confirm that you really want to delete all user data.
  5. Touch Yes.
  6. Your unit restarts automatically. You must go through the set up procedure again.

Once you complete the reset, place the nuvi unit outside where it has a clear unobstructed view of the sky for 15-30 minutes.
Make sure you keep it in a stationary position until it reacquires satellites!

If this does not take care of the issue - there is a firmware problem that only Garmin can repair for you.

CLICK HERE to see their Flat-Rate out-of-warranty repair service.

Thanks!!