Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

i can,t reset my gps

Customer Question
i can,t reset my gps
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
Answered in 1 day by:
6/14/2010
Car Electronics Technician: bluextc89, Small Business Owner replied 8 years ago
bluextc89
bluextc89, Small Business Owner

There are two ways to reset the device:

1) Using a stylus, pen or similar object, activate the reset button on the upper right-hand side of the unit. This will disconnect the power supply and completely shut-off the unit. Then, use the on/off/standby button on the right-hand side of the top panel to turn the device on again.

2) If the device is completely turned off, you may reset the device to the factory settings (removing any setting customizations, saved favorites, etc. that you may have previously changed) by going to Options - Settings - Options - Factory Settings.

Thanks!!

your solution didnot work

my device is frozen

Then this unit has a firmware issue and is in need of repair.

Navigon has pulled all Offices, repair centers etc. out of the us - to Germany.

So it's going to be an expensive warranty.

If OUT of warranty period - they wont touch it anyway.

My recommendation is to cut your losses and invest in a different unit. The cost of repairing the one you have far outweighs purchasing new.

Thanks!