Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have a magellan 700 roadmate. It was working perfectly about…

Customer Question
I have a magellan 700...
I have a magellan 700 roadmate. It was working perfectly about 4 years ago. I packed it up and put it away because I bought a car with GPS. I just got it out to give to a friend and it will not turn on. No idea why.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2010
Car Electronics Technician: Andy, Elec & Comp Pro replied 8 years ago
Andy, Elec & Comp Pro
Hi

It is possible that the fuse in the car charger has blown or the car female plug has issue and so its not charging your device.

You can confirm this by connecting it to your computer using the USB cord and charing it for 6-7 hours (running computer) and then try to start it.

Also, try to plug in your gps to some other car (using current charger) and see if it works there. If it does, then you know that its your car's issue.

The USB cable will look like this :

graphic

Can you please try this and let me know

Now, if you confirm that your car charger as well as car plug is fine, then your Gps has hardware issues and needs repair. If in warranty Magellan will repair it for free. Else first take a quote from them as it might be cheaper to buy a new unit.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.