Capital Gains and Losses

Capital Gains Tax Questions? Ask a Tax Advisor for Answers ASAP

Will capital gains tax have to be paid if a property in the…

Customer Question
Will capital gains tax...

Will capital gains tax have to be paid if a property in the family trust is to be transferred to individuals in that trust. Will be part of a court settlement .

Accountant's Assistant: What are the assets or property for this capital gain?

1 house worth $1,200,000.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Capital Gains and Losses
I am from Australia
Answered in 1 day by:
5/27/2018
Tax Expert: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am the category moderator.
I notice that your question has been sitting for a while without a response.
Are you still needing help with this matter?
Rachel-Moderator
Tax Expert: Andy4712, Tax Attorney replied 2 months ago
Andy4712
Andy4712, Tax Attorney

It depends upon the type of trust:

https://finance.zacks.com/money-revocable-trust-inheritance-taxable-8028.html

Here is some info:

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/Trusts/Trust-capital-gains-and-losses/