Capital Gains and Losses

Capital Gains Tax Questions? Ask a Tax Advisor for Answers ASAP

How do I calculate the Capital Gains Tax on the sale of a…

Customer Question
How do I calculate...

How do I calculate the Capital Gains Tax on the sale of a long term S corp?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am selling my S Corp as a stock sale and would like to know what the Capital Gains Tax is going to be

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Capital Gains and Losses
3/22/2018
Tax Expert: levr, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
levr
levr, Tax Advisor

We need to report the sale transaction on form 8949

as

(selling price) MINUS (adjusted basis)

Your original contribution is your basis.

Then it is adjusted every year based on items reported on K1.

After you determine the gain - that gain will be transferred to schedule D and eventually to form 1040.

Let me know if you held shares more that 5 years?

I will help with reporting if needed.