Capital Gains and Losses

Capital Gains Tax Questions? Ask a Tax Advisor for Answers ASAP

What is better to have to pay less taxes. Capital gains or…

Customer Question
What is better to have...
What is better to have to pay less taxes. Capital gains or income tax? I flip property. And ultimately I can put the properties under my parents name and have them pay me as the contractor and they break even on the capital gains. I wanted to know is it better to do this or just take the capital gains and claim losses normally. I just don't want to pay 35% of capital gains or even more if I make 200k in profit.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Capital Gains and Losses
3/16/2018
Tax Expert: ABC Accounting Group, Business Consultant/CPA replied 4 months ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Business Consultant/CPA

Hi. Great Question. If they pay you, you actually will be paying an additional 15% for social security tax, being a sole proprietor. You could start an S-Corp and net income flows through to your 1040.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any questions. Thank you.

Ok so have them buy the property pay me the construction fees to my s corp. then have them break even when they report their taxes. So I will have them pay me all their profits that they would have.
They would have to buy it with their $'s though
Is this the best way to avoid capital gains on flip properties? Or what would you suggest?

I would do some type of S-Corp. If the S-Corp was owned by your parents- this would save on taxes, if their tax rate is lower than yours.