Capital Gains and Losses

Capital Gains Tax Questions? Ask a Tax Advisor for Answers ASAP

How can I use my $ 512,000 Capital gain Lost. How can I use…

How can I use...

How can I use my $ 512,000 Capital gain Lost

Accountant's Assistant: I love the idea of making big money with investments, but there are so many things that could go wrong. The Accountant will be able to help you. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

How can I use my $ 512,000 capital gains Loss

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
emc011075
emc011075, Master Tax Adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

What is the loss from?

The person that we sold are Convenient Store to never paid us. They filed for Bankruptcy, and the Case was Dismissed. Don

So was it an installment sale?

Unless some of it could be classified as sale of a business property, you are stuck with capital losses. Capital losses can only offset other capital gains and you can claim up to 3K loss every year.

I would suggest to consult a tax accountant, provide him with your prior years business returns, including carryovers and sales contract if he/she could somehow reclassify the loses business loses, instead of capital losses. Generally, if you sell a business with a loss, most losses could be deducted in the current year.

emc011075
emc011075, Master Tax Adviser