Capital Gains and Losses

Capital Gains Tax Questions? Ask a Tax Advisor for Answers ASAP

Regarding capital gains. I anticipate a gain of 1 million…

Customer Question
Regarding capital gains. I anticipate a...
Regarding capital gains.
I anticipate a gain of 1 million plus after basis.
What would my tax obligation be?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/3/2017
Tax Expert: Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional replied 11 months ago
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Hello, My name is***** am a Certified Financial Planning ® Professional. I am also registered with the IRS and have obtained a valid Preparer Tax Identification Number.

Your tax obligation would depend in part on your filing status and Adjusted Gross income.

Long-Term Capital Gains --2017

For taxpayers in the 10% or 15% tax bracket--0% Capital Gains Rate

For taxpayers in 25%, 28%, 33%, 35% tax brackets--15% Capital Gains Rate

For taxpayers in 39.6% tax bracket--20% Capital Gains Rate

You may also be subject to Net Investment income tax 3.8% and 0.9% medicaid

In general, investment income includes, but is not limited to: ***** ***** capital gains, rental and royalty income, non-qualified annuities, income from businesses involved in trading of financial instruments or commodities and businesses that are passive activities to the taxpayer (within the meaning of section 469). To calculate your Net Investment Income, your investment income is reduced by certain expenses properly allocated to the income

For more information about how you may be affected by Net Investment Income I have provided a popular link to the IRS Q & A below.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/newsroom/net-investment-income-tax-faqs

If you do have further questions or needs further clarification please let me know and I would be happy to extend my answer.

Please rate my service if you have NO further questions by using the stars, or faces on your screen and clicking submit.

I hope you feel that I provided you with 5 Star services and I look forward to working with you in the future.

Regards,

Chad CFP ® professional

Are you satisfied with the Answer you received?

If you are satisfied with the Answer, please accept the Answer and rate my service. Accepting the Answer and Rating my service cost you nothing extra, but does notify JustAnswer that I have completed my assigned work.

If you have any follow up questions please don't hesitate to Ask.

You can rate me by using the stars, or faces on your screen and clicking submit

I look forward to working with you in the future and I hope you feel that I provided you with 5 Star services

Regards,

Chad CFP ® professional