How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Taylor Your Own Question
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Satisfied Customers: 1881
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
Type Your Capital Gains and Losses Question Here...
Mark Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are selling several rental properties that are in a

Customer Question

we are selling several rental properties that are in a revocable trust. How should we proceed to avoid paying capital gains at tax time?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. A 1031 exchange would be the only way to delay paying capital gain tax. There are specific steps that you would need to follow to be able to defer the gain.

Related Capital Gains and Losses Questions