How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Satisfied Customers: 15204
Experience:  15+ years in Tax preparartion as well as Instructor for tax law, theory, and application
Type Your Capital Gains and Losses Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm selling my only residence which is under my company

Customer Question

Hello. I'm selling my only residence which is under my company name. I owned and lived there 4 years. I want the $50,000 capital gain to be offset from past investment losses under my personal, individual tax filing.Question: Do I need to quit claim the condo to my personal name to accomplish the tax offset? Or can I sell it under my business name? Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.


If the business quit claims to you then you could use other loss to lessen the gain. If the business sells it is a business asset and you personally would not claim that.

This will be short term holding for you unless you own for longer than 1 year.

Related Capital Gains and Losses Questions