How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask R. Klein, EA Your Own Question
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Satisfied Customers: 263
Experience:  Over 20 Years experience in resolving tough tax cases
Type Your Capital Gains and Losses Question Here...
R. Klein, EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm selling a property for $950,000 I've lived here .5

Customer Question

I'm selling a property for $950,000
I've lived here for 3.5 years.
I have a first loan of $195,500 & a second of $420,000.
-615,500 = $334,500 less escrow fees of 12,000 = $324,500.
I'm single so I believe I have $250,000 there's a gain of $84,500
I have at least $60,000 in receipts for work & cancelled checks.
Would I pay capital gains on $24,500 ?
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Good evening Larry. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Can you tell me what you paid for the house? Thanks.