Capital Gains and Losses

Capital Gains Tax Questions? Ask a Tax Advisor for Answers ASAP

Capital Gains and Losses

I sold some stock from my company's investment program last

Customer Question
fall and I'm trying to...
I sold some stock from my company's investment program last fall and I'm trying to do my taxes now. I got the part about qualified dividends no problem, but the 1099-B is throwing me. I don't know if I need to fill out an 8949, Schedule D or both. I have the 1099 data on a PDF.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Capital Gains and Losses
4/11/2016
Tax Expert: Anne, Master Tax Preparer replied 1 year ago
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
HiI'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 28 years and I'll be happy to help youYou would enter the sale of stock on the 8949 form, and it will automatically carry it to Schedule D (even if it's stock from your employer's investment program) If you have found this answer helpful, please take a moment to rate positive.It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge Thank you for choosing justanswer.
Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer