How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anne Your Own Question
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Satisfied Customers: 2429
Experience:  I ha
Type Your Capital Gains and Losses Question Here...
Anne is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sold some stock from my company's investment program last

Customer Question

I sold some stock from my company's investment program last fall and I'm trying to do my taxes now. I got the part about qualified dividends no problem, but the 1099-B is throwing me. I don't know if I need to fill out an 8949, Schedule D or both. I have the 1099 data on a PDF.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.
HiI'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 28 years and I'll be happy to help youYou would enter the sale of stock on the 8949 form, and it will automatically carry it to Schedule D (even if it's stock from your employer's investment program) If you have found this answer helpful, please take a moment to rate positive.It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge Thank you for choosing justanswer.

Related Capital Gains and Losses Questions