How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask levr Your Own Question
levr, Tax Advisor
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Satisfied Customers: 29937
Experience:  Working for a large tax preparation service
Type Your Capital Gains and Losses Question Here...
levr is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good evening my question: European investor(s) residing in

Customer Question

Good evening my question: European investor(s) residing in Erurope investing in a US company have to pay capital gains tax? if yes what is the tax rate.
Thank you,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Expert:  levr replied 1 year ago.
Capital gains are NOT taxable for nonresident aliens - unless specifically related to real estate of classified as effectively connected income.
Expert:  levr replied 1 year ago.
However other types of income are taxable.For instance dividends paid by US corporations are taxes at flat 30% rate....I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.