How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jason M. Tyra, CPA Your Own Question
Jason M. Tyra, CPA
Jason M. Tyra, CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Satisfied Customers: 178
Experience:  Principal at Jason M. Tyra, CPA, PLLC
Type Your Capital Gains and Losses Question Here...
Jason M. Tyra, CPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i defer some of my charitable deductions to the following

Customer Question

Can i defer some of my charitable deductions to the following tax year?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Expert:  Jason M. Tyra, CPA replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ronnie,Generally speaking, deductions must be taken in the year when you incurred the expense you are trying to deduct. Your deductions may be limited by your income, but you cannot arbitrarily elect to "postpone" them to future years.

Related Capital Gains and Losses Questions