Capital Gains and Losses

Capital Gains Tax Questions? Ask a Tax Advisor for Answers ASAP

You must adjust your regular tax depreciation story is not…

Customer Question
You must adjust your regular...
You must adjust your regular tax depreciation history is not recorded in this return, however it recorded on 2014 which was done by turbo tax and is on this computer. also what lines to I look on 2014 form 6251 (numbers)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Answered in 3 days by:
3/24/2016
Tax Expert: Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer replied 2 years ago
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer

There are various approaches that might help you.

If TurboTax 2015 has access to the .tax2014 file from TurboTax 2014, it will properly maintain the depreciation schedules. Otherwise, you'll need to look at the Depreciation report and AMT Depreciation report from 2014, whether or not printed. If you still have TT 2014 and the .tax2014 file, you can generate those forms. Those are the ones that map into lines on form 6251.