How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Satisfied Customers: 15589
Experience:  15+ years in Tax preparartion as well as Instructor for tax law, theory, and application
Type Your Capital Gains and Losses Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 800,00 of term capital loses on my taxes. IAt 67 I

Customer Question

I have 800,00 of long term capital loses on my taxes. IAt 67 I will never generate the gais to off set thethe losses. Do you know of specialists/companies who can purchase my losses? I know I can partner with people in real estate transactions with gains but interested in selling entire loss at one time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.


You are not allowed to sell your capital loss. You can only use your loss against gains that you have or up to $3000 each year against your ordinary income.

You can invest and if you generate a loss that can be used but you cannot sale your losses.