How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGassist.168 Your Own Question
CGassist.168, Accountant
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Satisfied Customers: 3484
Experience:  Tax Accountant
Type Your Capital Gains and Losses Question Here...
CGassist.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a business income with no other employees. Do I have

Customer Question

I have a business income with no other employees. Do I have to file taxes for the business and me seperately? or whats the best way to file taxes with small business?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Expert:  CGassist.168 replied 1 year ago.

Are you a sole proprietor? If so, you need to complete the Schedule C along with the Form 1040. The Schedule C is used by sole proprietors. Information from the Schedule C transfers over to the 1040. There is one return that you have to file.

Link to Form Schedule C:

Let me know if I can further assist you with this matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm Sole proprietor. in this case if I made $50k my expenses $35k about about how much will I owe?
Expert:  CGassist.168 replied 1 year ago.

Filing single, 50k, you're in the 25% tax bracket. Because I don't know what other deductions you have, the best thing for you to do is to use a tax calculator to get an estimate of how much you will owe. Besides, asking how much you will owe is a separate issue from your first inquiry.

Link to tax calculator:

A positive rating of 3 or more stars is appreciated so that I may receive credit for assisting you.

Related Capital Gains and Losses Questions