Capital Gains and Losses

Capital Gains Tax Questions? Ask a Tax Advisor for Answers ASAP

Capital Gains and Losses

I was a victim of a psychic fraud. I gave over $7,200.00

Customer Question
dollars to protect me for...
I was a victim of a psychic fraud. I gave over $7,200.00 dollars to protect me for harm. I was even taken to a store to purchase gift card in the amount she wanted because I had no money for that day. It was charged to my credit card so their was no waiting
on her part.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Capital Gains and Losses
5/30/2015
Tax Expert: CFEPro789, Accountant replied 2 years ago
CFEPro789
CFEPro789, Accountant
I'm very sorry for this, but if you met this individual in person then that is a good thing. Often these fraudsters are online or in the mail and they are located in a foreign country. So in that case it is very difficult to stop them. In this case, you have the person, go to your local police department and file a complaint. There is a good chance you could recover some funds in this situation.
You can also report this to the federal government, go to www.stopfraud.gov and file a complaint with the FTC.
CFEPro789
CFEPro789
CFEPro789, Accountant