Capital Gains and Losses

Capital Gains Tax Questions? Ask a Tax Advisor for Answers ASAP

Capital Gains and Losses

I am selling my home and have NOT lived in it yrs. I

Customer Question
I am selling my home...
I am selling my home and have NOT lived in it for 5 yrs. I am low income do I have to pay capital gains tax
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Capital Gains and Losses
5/16/2015
Tax Expert: CGassist.168, Accountant replied 2 years ago
CGassist.168
CGassist.168, Accountant
Hello. The requested expert does not seem to be available at this time. How much is your income, (proceeds from property and other income)? Whether or not you will have to pay capital gains tax will depend on the tax bracket that you are in.
I am on SSDI and don't make enough to pay taxes.
I bought the house for $95.000 in 1987 and selling for $130,000. I have about $5,000 in upgrades
Hello again,
In this case, capital gains will not apply to you. You will have $30,000 in capital gains, which lands you in the 15% tax bracket.
REFERENCE SOURCE:
http://tinyurl.com/79v9nwy
http://tinyurl.com/oskptvt
Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter. If not, a positive rating is appreciated, as this is how I receive credit for assisting you.
CGassist.168
CGassist.168
CGassist.168, Accountant