How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask R. Klein, EA Your Own Question
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Satisfied Customers: 263
Experience:  Over 20 Years experience in resolving tough tax cases
Type Your Capital Gains and Losses Question Here...
R. Klein, EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I may recieve money from sale of stock i own can i avoid the

Customer Question

i may recieve money from sale of stock i own can i avoid the capital gains tax through reinvestment in realestate or other stocks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Expert:  Taxtom replied 2 years ago.
Hello, No if the stock was not in a retirement account there is no way to reinvest to avoid paying capital gains tax.Thanks Tom