How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask R. Klein, EA Your Own Question
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Satisfied Customers: 263
Experience:  Over 20 Years experience in resolving tough tax cases
Type Your Capital Gains and Losses Question Here...
R. Klein, EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Actually I have already paid my taxes but am still worrying

Customer Question

Actually I have already paid my taxes but am still worrying about the amount I had to pay. I had sold several rent properties that I had bought back in the 60 s and of course they had doubled in value. Is there any way I could have not had to pay so much. I didn't go to an accountant but went to H and R Block.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Expert:  Taxtom replied 2 years ago.
HelloThe only way to reduce the gain is taking a deduction for any expenses you paid in order to prepare the property for sale and be sure that basis includes any improvements that were made they were more than repairs . Also the basis would include any amount that had not already been depreciated.

Related Capital Gains and Losses Questions