Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  Tax preparer with 23 years experience, including US/Canada tax returns.
13714381

I have a CRA audit coming up at my home in Windsor, Ontario.

Customer Question

I have a CRA audit coming up at my home in Windsor, Ontario. One of the subjects of the audits is going to be my cryptocurrency trading activity. I would like to know if the CRA person conducting the audit can request of me to log into my crypto exchange account in from of him/her during the audit at my home? Do I have the right to refuse to protect my privacy?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Canada Tax
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for thinking of me, but I can't answer that. I'm going to opt out, so that any other Canada Tax cryptocurrency experts can answer.

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 12 days ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am the Category Moderator here for Tax. I noticed your question is still sitting open. So I wanted to take the time to reach out to you to see if you were still needing assistance on this matter. If so I will open this back up Marked High priority to our online Experts.

If not please do let me know and I will have this question thread closed for you. Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

Rachel-Moderator

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Rachel. You can go ahead and close this