Canada Tax

Canada tax questions answered by Experts

Ontario, Canada. I have been taking care of my ex until we…

Customer Question
Ontario, Canada.I have been taking...
Ontario, Canada.I have been taking care of my ex until we separated in 2017. I have been separated (but not legally) less than 90 days as of Dec 31, 2017. Do I declare him as a spouse or an ex-spouse? I need to deduct expenses I incurred on his behalf as well as the personal allowance for a spouse, but should I delete him from my tax profile altogether?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Tax
4/3/2018
Canadian Tax Expert: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry. I thought this was a Canada law question.

I am not sure of the answer and will opt out.