Canada Tax

Canada tax questions answered by Experts

What line # do I enter capital gains/losses. Bought some…

Customer Question
What line # do...

What line # do I enter capital gains/losses

Accountant's Assistant: I love the idea of making big money with investments, but there are so many things that could go wrong. The Accountant will be able to help you. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Bought some stock then transfered into RSSP at a lower price than I bought it but unsure where I enter it in turbo tax Premier

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Have another questions, are Stock broker fees deductable

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Tax
Answered in 1 day by:
4/3/2018
Canadian Tax Expert: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am the category moderator.
I notice that your question has been sitting for a while without a response.
Are you still needing help with this matter?
Rachel-Moderator
Need help please
Thank you for getting back with me. I will open this matter back up to our experts to further assist you. Thank you for your patience.
Rachel-Moderator
Canadian Tax Expert: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 3 months ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. Great Question. Did you receive a 1099 B and/or sold them before you transferred the $'s over.

Hi. Just noticed that this may be Canada tax?

It is CANADA tax
This a CANADA tax q
Thanks
Pat

Thank you. I will transfer this to a Canada Tax Expert.

Canadian Tax Expert: Tax.Appeal.168, Accountant replied 3 months ago
Tax.Appeal.168
Tax.Appeal.168, Accountant

Hello. Different expert here. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

Q1: what line # do I enter capital gains/losses

A1: Line 127. Refr to the following link for more detailed information.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/personal-income/line-127-capital-gains.html

---------------------------------

Q2: are Stock broker fees deductable

A2: In brief, the answer is yes. SEE BELOW:

----------------------------------

Permitted Investment Expenses

You are permitted to include a variety of investment expenses on your return. Chatwal says some common expenses people deduct are interest charges on funds borrowed to earn investment income (and) brokerage fees to manage investments (other than RRSPs).

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/investment-expenses-permitted-by-the-income-tax-act-in-canada-6272

-----------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.