Canada Tax

Canada tax questions answered by Experts

My dad in bc left us 2prperties can we save on tax if his…

Customer Question
My dad in bc...

My dad in bc left us 2prperties can we save on tax if his children buy them

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Can we buy at a lower price beneficiaries to save taxes

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

One was his rental and one was his primary residence.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Tax
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2017
Canadian Tax Expert: Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer replied 1 year ago
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer

We would need to know what state the properties are in, and, if different, what states you and the children live in.

I'm not saying I would be able to answer the question; it's just that there is little relevant Federal law, and state inheritance, transfer, and income taxes would be more important than Federal income tax.

I didn't notice that this was in Canada, specifically in BC.In some circumstances, the property transfer tax can be reduced if the property ends up in the hands of a family member. There is no _potential_ reduction if income tax or property tax.Sorry about the delay.