Canada Tax

Canada tax questions answered by Experts

I have an issue with TurboTax (Canadian filier) applying my…

Customer Question
My name is***** have...

My name is***** have an issue with TurboTax (Canadian filier) applying my loss carry forward to the current years capital gains.

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Line 127 of my T1 summary shows a capital gain amount of say $5k, I have loss carried forwards remaining of $30k, however the Turbo Tax software is not putting in any values in either line 253 or 254 to apply so of my loss carry forward to offset the $5k amount. I am wondering why?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Tax
Answered in 3 days by:
3/20/2016
Canadian Tax Expert: adamousacom, CPA, PFS, QFP, CGMA replied 2 years ago
adamousacom
adamousacom, CPA, PFS, QFP, CGMA
If you opened a previous years copy or not that depends on the answer. Please let me know.