How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Tax
Satisfied Customers: 100421
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Tax Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a federal corporation in Canada. I want to contract

This answer was rated:

I have a federal corporation in Canada. I want to contract out an American and pay her via PayPal I guess. How do the taxes work or in general all that paperwork?
It sounds to me that you are not going to treat this American as an employee but that she will be an independent contractor.

If that is a case that you are not responsible for her taxes.

She will need to deal taxes on her own.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Legal Ease and other Canada Tax Specialists are ready to help you