How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Tax
Satisfied Customers: 101395
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Tax Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

recently moved to canada as a landed immigrant.I have about

This answer was rated:

recently moved to canada as a landed immigrant. I have about 100K USD as savings in an offshore international bank account. Will the capital be taxed If i transferred the money to a saving canadian local bank account?



You are only taxed on income and not savings you bring into Canada.

Let me know if you need further clarification.
Legal Ease and other Canada Tax Specialists are ready to help you