How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Tax
Satisfied Customers: 100973
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Tax Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello,My question is related to the car taxable benefits

This answer was rated:

Hello, My question is related to the car taxable benefits in Canada. When calculating the standby charge for a company owed car available for an employee, we need to use the capital cost of the car. My question is if we may use the depreciatted value of the car, instead of the initial cost? Thank you. Daniela



Is there sopme who would answer my question?


Thank you.



Their guidelines do not refer to a depreciated cost because you always have to use the initial cost.

I hope that clarifies things.
Legal Ease and other Canada Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.