Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Debra, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
Hello, I was recently terminated from my job without cause
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Litigator, Barrister and Solicitor
Hello, I was recently terminated from my job without cause and offered a package that is less than what the company had offered other employees less than a year ago. The amount of notice given to the … read more
I have worked for nearly six months and had my employment terminated
Debra, Lawyer
I have worked for nearly six months and had my employment terminated before the end of my six month probation period. My employment contract allows for immediate dismissal without notice or further ob… read more
I was recently employed for 6 months with an employer and was
Debra, Lawyer
I was recently employed for 6 months with an employer and was given less than 24 hr notice of terminiation. The only reason given was performance and I was not given any warnings that my performance w… read more
does a landlord have a right to give you less than 3 months
Debra, Lawyer
does a landlord have a right to give you less than 3 months notice to move?we have lived in our unit for over 5 years,and have had renters insurance since we move in...we did show that we had renters … read more
Please answer this based on Ontario Employment Law only.
Debra, Lawyer
I had recently started working for an employer 3 months ago. The work environment is extremely busy, on average I have spent about 10 hours daily and several days I have not gove to sleep till 2:00 AM… read more
Hello, I recently separated from my husband(& his daughter)
Debra, Lawyer
Hello, I recently separated from my husband(& his daughter) whom I sponsored to move to Canada. In less than 3 months our marriage was over. Sadly, I now believe he used me to get to Canada. I am well… read more
Hi, my employment has recently been terminated (to me it was
Debra, Lawyer
Hi, my employment has recently been terminated (to me it was without just cause). I was still under the 3 month probationary period so my employer did not have to give me severance pay or advance noti… read more
my husband has been working as a mechanic in less than a year
Debra, Lawyer
my husband has been working as a mechanic in less than a year but has become a regular employee after 3 months of work. He pays into Company's Group insurance. He is now in hospital and most likely no… read more
What are the requirements other than a passport for an
Debra, Lawyer
What are the requirements other than a passport for an American to work temporarily(less than 30 days) in St Jerome Canada? My classification would be a professional under contract by a Canadian compa… read more
i had my phone tapped for 6months and was told that there was
Debra, Lawyer
i had my phone tapped for 6months and was told that there was 11000 hours recorded but in 6months there is less than 5000hrs in 182 days what can i do… read more
An employee recently resigned after 3 months of employment.
Debra, Lawyer
An employee recently resigned after 3 months of employment. She felt she was not treated fairly and was unhappy working for us. We kindly asked that she return her key as soon as possible. This is sta… read more
3 part question i was recently charged with posession of marijuana,
Debra, Lawyer
3 part question i was recently charged with posession of marijuana, not 100% positive on how much i posessed. less than 14 grams possibly more like 7. i was not given any court papers or anything the … read more
have recently (less than month) purchased a 2005 ford F350
Debra, Lawyer
have recently (less than month) purchased a 2005 ford F350 from used dealer that started having trouble 2 days after purchase. Dealer is unwilling to help. What is the law regarding used dealers in Ca… read more
I work with a person who has epilepsy who has suffered 3
Debra, Lawyer
I work with a person who has epilepsy who has suffered 3 seizures in less than 12 months. This person refuses to report the seizures to avoid losing drivers license. The persons driving insurance is p… read more
I was recently dismissed from my employer of 3 yrs 8 months
Daniel Freudman, lawyer
I was recently dismissed from my employer of 3 yrs 8 months -- without cause -- I was their Director, Sales & Marketing (last 2 yrs), and handled new business development in Quebec, Ontario and NE USA… read more
I work 12 hour shifts at most 3 days a week. He works 5 days
Ulysses101
I work 12 hour shifts at most 3 days a week. He works 5 days per week that are 8 hours long. Would the fact that I work less days give me an edge against 50/50 custody?… read more
Hello, We have an employee with us less than 6 months, it
Ulysses101
Hello, We have an employee with us less than 6 months, it is not working out which we told him last week. He has a contract that says we will review after 6 months and depending on this will move forw… read more
I had an appointment with a polygrapher I contacted online.
Daniel Freudman, lawyer
I had an appointment with a polygrapher I contacted online. It was a one time appointment and lasted less than 3 hours. I told him my infidelity situation and deposited 200.00 to secure the appointmen… read more