Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Debra, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
As a Corporation without Share capital, if one of the member
Debra, Lawyer
As a Corporation without Share capital, if one of the member groups wants toeave, are they entitled to any existing assets?… read more
Do the equety members of an Ontario non-share capital corporation
Yossarian (user name)
Yossarian (user name), Bachelor's Degree
Do the equety members of an Ontario non-share capital corporation hava a legal right to know the individual salary amount of key employees and the anual compensation package of the General Mgr.?… read more
A Limited Ontario Private Company with 215 shareholders, each
Debra, Lawyer
A Limited Ontario Private Company with 215 shareholders, each with one share, is electing a Board of Directors of 7. How many potential candidates may one shareholder nominate for election at this mee… read more
Can a member of the Board of Directors bind the Board.
Debra, Lawyer
Good Morning!Can a member of the Board of Directors bind the Board … read more
How often can the Board of directors of an Ontario Condominium
Debra, Lawyer
How often can the Board of directors of an Ontario Condominium change the rules and regulations?… read more
what is the difference betweena non-share capital corporation
Yossarian (user name)
what is the difference betweena non-share capital corporation and other corporations in ontario and do differerent laws apply to them?… read more
As a board member if you missed 3 consecutive meetings they
Debra, Lawyer
as a board member if you missed 3 consecutive meetings they can removed you as a board member? … read more
I have a question about a not for profit corporation. The
Debra, Lawyer
Hi, I have a question about a not for profit corporation. The board of directors understand that a director does not get paid, and we think that is for being a director, or cannot receive personal ben… read more
Canadian corporate law. Does a member of the board of directors
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Canadian corporate law. Does a member of the board of directors of a nonprofit organization have an absolute right to view the companies reports, memos, data, etc?… read more
A public corporation under Ontario Law i.e.an Ontario company(public) Can
Debra, Lawyer
A public corporation under Ontario Law i.e.an Ontario company(public) Can the Board Of Directors use the Privacy Law to refuse to divulge the names of recipients receiving over $1,000.00 (salaries, et… read more
If 4 members of 5 member Board of Directors resign, leaving
Debra, Lawyer
If 4 members of 5 member Board of Directors resign, leaving one member--is there still a Board?… read more
If a share holder has 51% of the corporation and one other
Debra, Lawyer
If a share holder has 51% of the corporation and one other director with 49% shares, only two directors,Under Canadain business corporation act ,section C Criteria can the 51% shareholder, make applic… read more
How does one go about obtaining power-of-attorney in Ontario
Debra, Lawyer
How does one go about obtaining power-of-attorney in Ontario? Can it be done on a weekend/holiday? My father, who is in the process of a divorce with his second wife, is in the hospital and is somewha… read more
is it slander or libel if one Board member shares a You Tube
Debra, Lawyer
is it slander or libel if one Board member shares a You Tube video they were sent about another Board member with the whole Board? The video is of a television show depicting a crime of which the pers… read more
I am the Board of Directors Secretary for a golf club. We
Debra, Lawyer
I am the Board of Directors Secretary for a golf club. We are incorporated under the Ontario Corporations Act. I contend that we are NOT obliged by the Act (in particular Sections 299 and 305) to make… read more
How can someone add a person to the list of directors for an
Debra, Lawyer
How can someone add a person to the list of directors for an Ontario Corporation? I have been listed as a director without my knowledge and now have to face the consequences of the corporation being d… read more
I need to obtain a copy for a form re a Corporate Share Exchange
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Litigator, Barrister and Solicitor
I need to obtain a copy for a form re a Corporate Share Exchange Agreement for a private Ontario corporation. Does anyone know where I coould find a sample form This is an exchange of shares within th… read more
A corporation was incorporated in Ontario. My question A
Debra, Lawyer
A corporation was incorporated in Ontario. My question: A Director was removed on the shareholders meeting. He didn't receive a resolution about his removal. How many days should he wait for it? How t… read more