Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Debra, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
tenant was late on rent,paid partial was give eviction notice
Debra, Lawyer
tenant was late on rent,paid partial was give eviction notice on 16th jan. gave notice of moving jan. 23.(out by jan.31) is he entitled to last month rent returned.… read more
I am in BC. I have a tenant that has not paid her rent. When
Debra, Lawyer
I am in BC. I have a tenant that has not paid her rent. When I served the 10 day notice of failure to pay. I was told by her brother that she had taken the rent money and left. I now have the brother … read more
In Calgary, Ab Canada what are my rights as a tenant for non
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
In Calgary, Ab Canada what are my rights as a tenant for non payment of rent when given an eviction notice?… read more
We have given an eviction notice to a tenant who has not paid
Debra, Lawyer
We have given an eviction notice to a tenant who has not paid rent for almost three months- the date of eviction was Jan. 15..after that we filed for a dispute resolution- which will not be heard til … read more
My mother has given notice to her tenant for eviction for failing
Debra, Lawyer
My mother has given notice to her tenant for eviction for failing to pay rent. Tenant's girlfriend, apparently fell down some stairs and appears to have fractured her arm or wrist...not sure which...t… read more
What is the current law now if I as a landlord would want to
Debra, Lawyer
Hello! What is the current law now if I as a landlord would want to give the 60 days notice to my tenant and request him to vacate my condo at the end of the lease term? … read more
My son rents a home in BC, and has received an eviction
Debra, Lawyer
My son rents a home in BC, and has received an eviction notice that he has to be out of the home in 3 months. … read more
what happens in canada if someone has keys to my apartment,new
Debra, Lawyer
what happens in canada if someone has keys to my apartment,new boyfriend of my recently moved out girlfriend, and they use the keys to enter my apartment and i'm forced to defened myself?… read more
My tenant gave notice for nov 1st and has not paid rent since.
Debra, Lawyer
My tenant gave notice for nov 1st and has not paid rent since. She also still owes half of Septembers rent. I am living in a un winterized cottage with or running water with my 9 year old son while we… read more
Is the landlord had a rigth to kicking the tenant w/in 2 days
Debra, Lawyer
My landlord give me a notice for eviction for 2 days and a always pay my rent every month now I have a child w/me.She never say what's going on.… read more
What happens if a landlord dies before a tenant has
Debra, Lawyer
What happens if a landlord dies before a tenant has fulfilled his obligations in a Rent to Own Agreement? … read more
In Alberta Canada. A tenant has not paid the August rent
Debra, Lawyer
In Alberta Canada. A tenant has not paid the August rent that was due Aug 1, this was the last month of her lease. she will be moving at the end of August. When can we start procedings to recover the … read more
I evicted a tenant we gave her 60 days notice. Upon her acorn
Debra, Lawyer
I evicted a tenant we gave her 60 days notice. Upon her acorn she is moving out she say FEb.01/14. She won't allow us to show the apartment even with a 24 hour notice to view the place. The apartment … read more
Can a landlord give a 30 day eviction notice to a tenant who
Debra, Lawyer
Can a landlord give a 30 day eviction notice to a tenant who has a month to month lease? … read more
I have a women that had a tenant dut evicted her at 2:30 in
Debra, Lawyer
I have a women that had a tenant dut evicted her at 2:30 in the morning December 2017. And she was so drunk … read more
I want to evict my tenant and want to do it right. Do you
Debra, Lawyer
I want to evict my tenant and want to do it right. Do you think a lawyer preparation of notice is recommended? … read more
after receiving my second eviction notice i found a new apartment.
Debra, Lawyer
after receiving my second eviction notice i found a new apartment. i did not give a full 60 days notice, and now i am told i will have to pay a $300 breaking the lease fee. my lease started august 1, … read more
How do I evict a tenant that won't move, sicamous bc canada,
Debra, Lawyer
no I don't know what to do as I gave him the 10 day form and he won't move … read more