Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
Employer wants us to sign an overtime agreement that overtime
LawyerProfessor, Lawyer
Employer wants us to sign an overtime agreement that overtime paid after 44 hours a week so if you work 4 -12 hour shifts they will then only pay 44 reg and 4 overtime is this legal and should we sign… read more
A company that I worked for, refused to pay all the money I
Debra, Lawyer
A company that I worked for, refused to pay all the money I believe they owe me. … read more
Can a company stop paying overtime after having paid overtime
Debra, Lawyer
Can a company stop paying overtime after having paid overtime and cut wages almost in half for doing related work, not specific to your job when you were paid your regular rate from day 1… read more
I used to work in a retail company back in 2007. In this
Debra, Lawyer
I used to work in a retail company back in 2007. In this day, I firmly believe they were racist towards me. My employment was abrubtly terminated. Is is too late to sue them ? … read more
Hello...I have a problem employee that I want to fire...He
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Litigator, Barrister and Solicitor
Hello...I have a problem employee that I want to fire...He is refusing to work overtime, habitually late, absent without excuse and he is undermining the management staff on the shop floor. We have me… read more
I am a US citizen. I provided a service to a company in canada.
Debra, Lawyer
I am a US citizen. I provided a service to a company in canada. The company owes me over $4000 and is refusing to pay. How would I proceed legally to try to get payment.… read more
Hey there, I am working for a security business who do not
Debra, Lawyer
Hey there, I am working for a security business who do not pay me overtime, give me a full day of rest, makes me work 12 hours shifts. How do I go about suing him? Thaks… read more
When receiving an e-mail from my supervisor in regards to the
Debra, Lawyer
When receiving an e-mail from my supervisor in regards XXXXX XXXXX company policy to pay out all banked overtime at the year end. It frustrated me for the fact wanting to possibly utilize the time for… read more
I am a US citizen wanting to work Canadian company remotely
Debra, Lawyer
I am a US citizen wanting to work for a Canadian company remotely from the US. Is this possible as either a contractor or an employee or would I need to maintain a work visa?… read more
my boyfriend is working for a kitchen cabinet company who does
Debra, Lawyer
my boyfriend is working for a kitchen cabinet company who does not pay for overtime. he has worked 118 in 2 weeks at the same wage. they do not pay time and a half. is this legal?… read more
I work for a German company. Our customer - a company in
NateEsq
NateEsq, JD
I work for a German company. Our customer - a company in Canada - placed an order with us and does not want to pay the proforma invoice now. The goods were produced strictly to the specification agree… read more
do employers have to pay overtime when traveling example 11hr
Debra, Lawyer
do employers have to pay overtime when traveling example 11hr day with 3hrs travel is the three hours overtime… read more
J bnought a contrat on line with a company from US and the
Debra, Lawyer
J bnought a contrat on line with a company from US and the next day I have cancel but the company refuse to refund me since he told me that I have sigh a agrement on line wich is to complicated to folow … read more
Hello, I am a resident and citizen fo the US. I work for a
Debra, Lawyer
Hello, I am a resident and citizen fo the US. I work for a company HQed in Ottawa, ON. They refuse to sign and fax a "verfication of employment" for to my mortgage company so that I can get my home re… read more
Hello.... I work for a company and 2 Fridays ago I worked a
Debra, Lawyer
Hello.... I work for a company and 2 Fridays ago I worked a 12 hour shift and went home not wanting to work anymore overtime hours. Since then the owner of the company has moved my desk closer to him … read more
I worked for a company for 87 days then they let me go
Mark A
Mark A, Lawyer
i worked for a company for 87 days then they let me go without any reason they said i would not work overtime but i have my pay statements that say i did work overtime they said the company did not li… read more
i work for an oil company in alberta and i am recieving a day
D.A.M.
D.A.M., Principal Attorney
i work for an oil company in alberta and i am recieving a day rate of 500$ a day. my my pay stub says that i am only getting a day rate of 488 a day. they are taking 11 dollars a day to pay me my vaca… read more
I had a VISA card with a canadian bank that I refused to pay,
Law.Hut
Law.Hut, Lawyer
I had a VISA card with a canadian bank that I refused to pay, because that bank had overcharged me on another matter with respect to a disagreement over a residential mortgage I had with them. I could… read more