Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Copperlaw
Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
I have a mortgage under my name only plus my wife's name is
Debra, Lawyer
Hi, I have a mortgage under my name only plus my wife's name is ***** ***** on the title either. My wife wants her name on the mortgage and the title. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to have he… read more
My wife wants to add my name to the title of her condominium
Debra, Lawyer
My wife wants to add my name to the title of her condominium in Ontario, Canada. What is the procedure, what is the average cost and approximately how long does the procedure take? Thank you, G. McNul… read more
if a mortgage is registered in my name and my wife"s. Can I
Debra, Lawyer
if a mortgage is registered in my name and my wife"s. Can I through a quit claim simply pass sole ownership to her… read more
Wife is leaving taking everything and now wants me to pay her
Debra, Lawyer
Wife is leaving taking everything and now wants me to pay her credit cards(in her name only) am I responsible under Ontario law… read more
My wife is lower income and I want to register an investment property to her name? Or s
Debra, Lawyer
my wife is lower income and I want to register an investment property to her name? Or should I set up an ownership agreement with her stating that she has beneficial ownership of 100%. But register on… read more
My daughter purchased a modular home with a friend, the mortgage
Debra, Lawyer
My daughter purchased a modular home with a friend, the mortgage & title are in her name, her friend and her father as he was a cosigner on the morgage. It is a Genworth mortgage, there was no down pa… read more
my wife exboss has used her name to cosign for credit(s) and
Debra, Lawyer
my wife exboss has used her name to cosign for credit(s) and now is in default which has the collection agencies sending us collection notices. She has not cosign anything--she was only an employee. H… read more
I want move out from my house today. The house is under the
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Litigator, Barrister and Solicitor
I want move out from my house today. The house is under the name of my husband and me. It has 65% mortgage. My only child is 9 years old. The family income is in charge by my husband. I am house wife.… read more
If a wifes name is on the deed for a home, and the mortgage
Debra, Lawyer
If a wife's name is XXXXX XXXXX deed for a home, and the mortgage is only in the other husband's name, and only he has paid for the mortgage, is the wife entitled to compensation for the home. There i… read more
I have a house at Burnaby area which title (ownership) is under
Debra, Lawyer
I have a house at Burnaby area which title (ownership) is under my name and my ex-wife name together. She agrees to transfer the house under my name for the sole owner. Currently she is in overseas ( … read more
Hi,I have a question regarding an auto title forgery.I have
D.A.M.
D.A.M., Principal Attorney
Hi,I have a question regarding an auto title forgery.I have a 2006 BMW 525i that was titled under my company name in Ohio.An ex associate of mine a citizen of Canada who supposed to buy the car from m… read more
I purchased a home in 1997. Met partner whose name did not
Debra, Lawyer
I purchased a home in 1997. Met partner whose name did not appear on Title till 2008. Also the mortgage is in my name, so when he wrote a cheque it was to me personally. Also there are no records of t… read more
My wife and I have a residential rental business (unincorporated)
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
My wife and I have a residential rental business (unincorporated) with deeds and mortgages under both our names; however, I alone have managed the business from the beginning, including paying our mor… read more
My wife and I are purchasing a new home. For simplicity weve
Debra, Lawyer
My wife and I are purchasing a new home. For simplicity we've agreed to put the mortgage and title solely in my name as I am the sole breadwinner and it is a cross country move. The bank has asked for… read more
Hello, I own a condo in mexico under my company name and I
Debra, Lawyer
Hello, I own a condo in mexico under my company name and I also have investments in the U.S. also in my company name. Both have been reported to the CRA, so all is on the up and up. However, I feel I … read more
If I want to add my daughter on the title of my mortgaged
Debra, Lawyer
if I want to add my daughter on the title of my mortgaged home do I have to re-do my mortgage… read more
My wife and I have separated. My wife and I are the only ones
Harv
Harv, lawyer
My wife and I have separated. My wife and I are the only ones on title of the house. Her mother has always lived in this house with us. (and other houses before this one). Apparently, her mother gave … read more
I want to assume a mortgage from a friend the (privet)
Debra, Lawyer
I want to assume a mortgage from a friend the (privet) lender says they will transfer it into my name but my friend also wants something in writing that I will owe him 150,000 for the house when I can… read more