I live on Vancouver Island, Lake Cowichan. My neighbour

Customer Question
I live on Vancouver...

I live on Vancouver Island, Lake Cowichan. My neighbour started golfing last year shooting many golf balls onto our property. They do it in the summer as our property's all very long 1100 feet he was asked to stop last year but he hasn't and today him and his Dr. buddies hit a paddle board that my wife was bringing up from the Lake with my 7 year old Granddaughter beside her. We called the local RCMP they didn't know any thing they could do but would go talk to them. We have placed a call to our Area Director but have had no reply. I need to have this stopped before something bad happens. We are scared to use our Lake front because of the Danger. Thank you,

Lawyer's Assistant: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Gerry Turner. British Columbia, Vancouver I stand, Lake Cowichan, Cowichan Valley Regional District

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Talked to property owner, RCMP, phone Regional Director no answer

Submitted: 15 days ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 15 days ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Do you know if the RCMP have spoken to them and if so what the result was?

Are you saying this is clearly being done on purpose?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
No this is Sun fest weekend here in Lake Cowichan and the RCMP have their hands full just trying to keep the crazies under control

I am surprised the RCMP say they cannot do anything. They can. For sure they can warn the neighbours but if this is deliberate they can likely be charged.

So if on Tuesday they will not assist you then you can either pressure then by going higher as you have done or else retain a lawyer to send them a letter demanding that they cease and desist and threatening a lawsuit.

It hardly makes sense for the RCMP to think you should wait until someone in your family is hurt to act and I don't believe a court will consider your situation that way at all.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
No the property is narrow 100 feet wide and as I said 100 feet long there is alcohol involved. These people are from Vancouver this is a summer property and they don't care. They have been designated a problem property for noise after hours but will pay the fine.
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
sorry 1000 feet long

So see what the RCMP will do and if not enough retain a lawyer to send them the letter.

Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 14 days ago

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?