I am a us citizen who will be migrating to Canada within…

Good Morning i am...

Good Morning i am a us citizen who will be migrating to Canada within next 6 mos. I am married to a Jamaican who currently resides in Jamaica who would like to join me in Canada and his brother who is a canadian resides in toronto who has not seen him in like 16 years would love for his brother to join him. However over 20 plus years my husband was deported from the US but since been in JA with no prior criminal history

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the government?

I have tried a fiance visa prior before marriage that was rejected but told him see if he could get a waiver in the US but since i married in may 2017 i talk to lawyer in US she says it will be very costly cause it is over 20 years plus

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about removal proceedings?

I file fiance visa before marriage that was denied but they told him he was eligible for a waiver. I have meet with a US attorney who says she will probably have to reopen his case file to get it excuse or removed but it will be very costly .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

His brother wants to see him perhaps join up with him to do a car wash plus to meet his family and others who has not seen him

7/13/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Are you asking if your spouse can gain PR status for Canada?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
because we are newly weds we will like to be together as i said his brither is in canada who can file but i will move there to join with him. He hasnt seen no family over 16 years although he was deported from the USA over 20 years ago . so question is how can we go about this for Canada
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No type

There is nothing for his brother to file unless you mean he wants to move to Canada on a temporary work permit.

You can sponsor him as your spouse and he can gain his PR status so long as you have moved back to Canada permanently. We are not like the US and there is no fiancee visa but you are married so it will be fine.

He has no criminal record so his being deported from the US will not harm him.

Here is a link to the information you will need:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I dont think you understand i currently live in the US i never lived in canada his brother does i will be moving once i understand the process and if he can gain access to canada

I thought you were in the process of immigrating. Are you saying you have not started to apply yet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I live in the US i am willing or going to move to Canada within next 6 to 7 months. I guess what is the bedt way to do this because im not a canadian resident that is why i said his brother is a Canad***** *****ves there.

But as I said his brother cannot sponsor him. You can apply to immigrate and add him to your application.

Then you will be both be granted PR status at the same time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
prior to me going to Canada i need to file for myself and him. Is that is what u saying if so how long is that process

If you are applying as a skilled worker it will take about six months.

You cannot move to Canada without legal status. If you enter as a visitor you cannot apply to immigrate from within Canada.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He will be coming to join me see his family and get a job when he comes over to Canada. Is there a site on how i can apply fir legal access before actually going down

That is not how the immigration system works.

He cannot simply come to Canada and get a job.

If he comes as a visitor then he cannot work.

He cannot get a work permit from within Canada.

There is a process he has to go through for that.

If he is on your application then he will get his PR status upon entering and then is free to work and live in Canada.

Here is a link to the information about apply for PR status as a skilled worker:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do understand i cant neither can he. My question is i first get permission to get legal access in that process i add him as coming along then he has to go through canadian embassy to be granted access to come join me. As for work once he is granted access he will look for job there in Canada. What is timeframe for legal access for me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also if that is an assurity i do not need lawyer i can do it on my own

You should hire a lawyer if possible. Things will go smoother and faster.

You can apply to immigrate, move here and then sponsor him as your spouse or you can apply to immigrate and then add him to your application and proceed jointly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok are you the lawyer if not who would you recommend and someone who will be cost effective for my budget and has payment plan.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do know prior i got sn email stating to Sponsor prices start at 2,500 and up with a payment plan. How long is this process

You cannot sue an immigration consultant. That is throwing your money away. You need a lawyer,

There are lawyer referral services in most provinces so you can google and find the service in the province you are interested in and go from there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok i do thank you so much however what is the site to start the process for legal immigrating into canada and to add him

I provided you with the link above. It explains how to apply as a skilled worker and you would add his name when you apply. You would be the main applicant.

Please be sure to rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why as a skilled worker , i do provide care giving for the elderly through my job and on my own self independant owner tand i do advocacy paperwork for people filing for immigration status and elderly to help file for Social security and pension. I make business flyers and business contracts.

You need grounds to immigrate to Canada. As you do not have a spouse to sponsor you right now the only way you can immigrate is as a skilled worker.

If you are not a skilled worker at this point you will not be able to immigrate to Canada.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what will be considered a skill worker because i work as a patient care provider in states 40 hrs plus i am an independent owner. Im confuse sound like i would not be qualified or im i misinterpreting you. I should be able to live where i want how come i could not go visit look for job and interview
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Getting legal access that way .

No one can live whether they want if they are not a citizen. Just as no one can simply move to the US and get a job a live there without a green card no one can do that in Canada either.

I am surprised you thought you could simply move to Canada as a US citizen.

You need grounds and there is no way around it.

You can try this online an assessment tool:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand i do get the legal aspect of it. So Thank you i wasnt saying that but i understand

OK

I do hope things work out but it is not a simple situation as you now can see.

Debra, Lawyer