Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
I would like to get a legal opinion on a job a contractor
Debra, Lawyer
I would like to get a legal opinion on a job a contractor failed to do properly at my home. What is the cost … read more
my husband died leaving me the beneficiary and executor. He
D.A.M.
D.A.M., Principal Attorney
my husband died leaving me the beneficiary and executor. He had no funds in his account, he had an insurance policy payable to me. I was his sole beneficiary. He had to credit cards that were in his n… read more
i have a sister inlaw that i believe is not lokking after my
Debra, Lawyer
i have a sister inlaw that i believe is not lokking after my twin niece properly i think she is doing drug and dating a drug dealer with little to no proof. i know she is leaving the kids home alone a… read more
We think that our sister had a joint account property done
Debra, Lawyer
we think that our sister had a joint account property done with our Mom, if she did can it be reversed and can a will take over what she did, and how can we reverse it ? … read more
Hello,My sister has poa over my mentally incapacitated father.
Debra, Lawyer
Hello,My sister has poa over my mentally incapacitated father. She wants to take 250000 dollars out of his bank account and put it into her personal account. As far as i know she has enduring poa. She… read more
WHAT DO I DO TO GET MONEY PUT BACK INTO A MORTGAGE THAT WAS
Debra, Lawyer
WHAT DO I DO TO GET MONEY PUT BACK INTO A MORTGAGE THAT WAS TAKEN FROM BANK ACCOUNT AND THEN HE REMOVED HIS NAME FROM JOINT ACCOUNCT BEFORE SEPARATING AND SELLING THE HOUSE… read more
if a person in a nursing home and not in his right mind , can
Debra, Lawyer
if a person in a nursing home and not in his right mind , can poa get him to make a new will out to leave everything to poa . Is it legal… read more
If a person has to get a police check done for a specfic job.
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Litigator, Barrister and Solicitor
If a person has to get a police check done for a specfic job. and they think there maybe awarrant for thier arrest. do the police have the right to see if you have any other besides what you are getti… read more
My husband, before we were married, gave his daughter POA on
Debra, Lawyer
My husband, before we were married, gave his daughter POA on his land in Nova Scotia so she could get services to the land to live there. My husband lives in AB and is not in NS very often and did thi… read more
During mediation, my husband declares that his accounts are
Harv
Harv, lawyer
During mediation, my husband declares that his accounts are empty and he has a link to u.k. accounts through family..Do I continue with mediation or find a good lawyer… read more
My wife's father passed away last year and he was separated
Debra, Lawyer
My wife's father passed away last year and he was separated from his wife but she was the beneficiary bit was only entitled a portion of it and myvwife is the estate holder on the will bit she can't g… read more
An employee was still getting paid up to 5 month after he quit
Debra, Lawyer
An employee was still getting paid up to 5 month after he quit from his job. He was getting paid biweekly into his personal bank account as usual while he was not company's employee any more. Can Empl… read more
Hi , my husband keeps threating to divorce me how do I get
D.A.M.
D.A.M., Principal Attorney
Hi , my husband keeps threating to divorce me how do I get started to protect myself and my children, he thinks he will get full custudy, but I don't think it is best for the kids to stay with him he … read more
When my husband died last Oct he left me an investment account
Debra, Lawyer
When my husband died last Oct he left me an investment account by designating me as beneficiary. His first wife's lawyer, (who had to be threatened with Law Society action if he didn't recuse himself … read more
My son goes to school in canada for hockey and he is 13.
Debra, Lawyer
Good morning My son goes to school in canada for hockey and he is 13. When we went to get his study permit, they revoked my nexus and told me I could not go to canada because of pending charges … read more
Hi.. Can i hunt for a job in Canada do i get a visa to work
Debra, Lawyer
Hi.. Can i hunt for a job in Canada ? do i get a visa to work there? i'l be searching for job from India… read more
my husband was in a car accident. The other party was at fault.
Debra, Lawyer
my husband was in a car accident. The other party was at fault. can he do anything to get the remainder of his vehicle loan paid out to him?… read more
We have a 17 year old son with behavioural problems.
Debra, Lawyer
Is there anything we can do legally so that we, as parents, can not be held accountable for his actions (eg if sued for something he does)?… read more