My company is incorporated and another company in my

My company is incorporated...

My company is incorporated and another company in my province is operating under an almost identical name. What do I do to ask them to change their name?

Lawyer's Assistant: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Alberta

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have done nothing thus far. I wanted to seek advice before moving forward.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

7/11/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you certain you had your name first?

Customer reply replied 5 days ago
I conducted a NUANS and incorporated 10 years ago
Customer reply replied 5 days ago
As far as I can tell this other company is fairly new

Then you can send them a letter (or if possible have a lawyer send it). The letter should state that you hold the intellectual property rights to the name and that they are breaching copyright by using the name and they are to immediately cease and desist from using the name and the letter should also threaten a lawsuit for an injunction and damages.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Debra, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 5 days ago
Excellent! Thank you, ***** ***** exactly what I wanted to hear.

You are very welcome!