Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
The public guardian and trustee demands that I have a bond
Yossarian (user name)
Yossarian (user name), Bachelor's Degree
The public guardian and trustee demands that I have a bond for my mother. One day before I flew to Ottawa to have the guardianship papers signed,the public guardian and trustee froze her accounts and … read more
My spouse is a trustee to an estate. In accordance with the
Debra, Lawyer
My spouse is a trustee to an estate. In accordance with the will she is to be compensated a certain amount of money on a monthly basis. 38 months ago she elected to have the compensation deferred for … read more
I am one of three trustees for my Mothers estate. She selected
Debra, Lawyer
I am one of three trustees for my Mother's estate. She selected a lawyer to administer her estate with us. The trustees are deadlocked and require legal advice about whether the estate still own a par… read more
My mom recently passed away she has had a public trustee
Debra, Lawyer
My mom recently passed away she has had a public trustee for 20years because of my siblings scammed money and she was ill. my oldest brother apparently has been getting his travel air hotel car rental… read more
I have been appointed Trustee (and Guardian) for my mother,
Debra, Lawyer
I have been appointed Trustee (and Guardian) for my mother, who is 4th stage alzhiemers. Recently, I received a note addressed to Mom, in care of my address, wanting verification of Mom's address. I c… read more
LEGAL GUARDIAN AND TRUSTEE OF MY SISTER. WHEN SHE WAS 4 MY
Debra, Lawyer
I AM THE LEGAL GUARDIAN AND TRUSTEE OF MY SISTER. WHEN SHE WAS 4 MY MOM RE-MARRIED AND SINCE THEN THEY'VE USED MY STEP-FATHERS LAST NAME FOR HER. SHE IS NOW 49 AND I AM TOLD THAT SHE NEEDS TO GET HER … read more
The office of the public guardian and trusty of ontario has
Debra, Lawyer
the office of the public guardian and trusty of ontario has now started an in vestigation into my fathers estate. they are alledging that i am refusing to liquidate my dads home in order to provide hi… read more
My brother is the executor of my mothers estate and is reluctant
Debra, Lawyer
My brother is the executor of my mothers estate and is reluctant to sell the properties to settle the estate. What options do I have to encourage him to settle the estate ? This has dragged on for a c… read more
I am being investigated by the public trustee for spending
Debra, Lawyer
I am being investigated by the public trustee for spending money in my mom's accounts which she gave me permission to do. Unfortunately she is in and out of dementia at this time. I have a representat… read more
If an estate trustee pays out money from an estate to the beneficiaries
Debra, Lawyer
If an estate trustee pays out money from an estate to the beneficiaries and the estate trustee fails to pay the income tax for the estate, can Revenue Canada force the beneficiaries to pay the income … read more
I am looking for a lawyer in Lethbridge Alberta to help bring
Debra, Lawyer
I am looking for a lawyer in Lethbridge Alberta to help bring the public guardian of trustee to become involved in my grandfathers affairs as he is in the hospital without a power of attorney or a per… read more
My brother is receiving Ontario Disability Pension(ODSP).
Debra, Lawyer
My brother is receiving Ontario Disability Pension(ODSP). The office of the Public Guardian and Trustee (PGT) manage this money as he was deemed finacially incompentent. Recently, he experienced a red… read more
MY DAUGHTER IS AN EXECUTOR AND TRUSTEE ON A ESTATE , DOES SHE
Debra, Lawyer
MY DAUGHTER IS AN EXECUTOR AND TRUSTEE ON A ESTATE , DOES SHE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE ACCOUNTING OF THE EXSPENSES FROM THE ESTASTE, FROM HER EXECUTOR PAY… read more
What are the obligations of an estate trustee in Ontario in
Law.Hut
Law.Hut, Lawyer
What are the obligations of an estate trustee in Ontario in terms of rendering accounts to beneficiaries and time frames for moving forward with division of assets?… read more
Direct only to Just Answer. Why would the Public Guardian
Debra, Lawyer
Direct only to Just Answer. Why would the Public Guardian and Trustee abuse its authority.… read more
What are the approximate costs to probate an estate with a
Debra, Lawyer
What are the approximate costs to probate an estate with a value of $214,000? The estate consists of GIC's held at one financial institution? The estate is to be equally divided amongst 6 parties. The… read more
How do you charge The Public Guardian and Trustee, THe lawyer
Debra, Lawyer
How do you charge The Public Guardian and Trustee, THe lawyer we hired to charge the Law firm and the executors of the estate with FRAUD as the judge has requested the family members to do in court do… read more
Hello. I am purchasing a triplex from an estate trustee appointed
Debra, Lawyer
Hello. I am purchasing a triplex from an estate trustee appointed by the court to settle an estate between squabbling beneficiaries. I've lived in one of the units for 10 years, but rented the whole t… read more