In April 2017 I was fired from my co. No severance. I hired…

In April 2017 I...

In April 2017 I was fired from my co. No severance

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I hired an employment lawyer and after 13 long months a settlement was reached. The problem is I have not received my cheque. The Co's Counsel keeps lying about the date the Co. was sent out. What can I Do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No. My ex employer is a financial institution.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that about sums it up. I need to get on with my life. I am 64 years old and starting a new career as a Mortgage Agent plus moving. I really need that cash cushion to move forward.

Answered in 1 hour by:
6/12/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

When exactly did you settle?

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
May 1st. The cheques were meant to be mailed May 26th. I was told my cheque was mailed to me on June 1st and then later on June 6th. No cheque yet.
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I also do not want to switch to a live call. Please respond. than you. Julie

Who said this, the lawyer or the employer?

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
THe employer;s lawyer

Then call the lawyer tomorrow and say you will come by to pick up the cheque.

And if they say you cannot tell them you will report them to the law society as they have been dishonest with you and are holding the funds.

If they say it's because of the client then tell them you will return to court to enforce the settlement agreement if you don't have the money within 48 hours.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Debra, Lawyer