Labour Law Lawyer, With lawyer. I have a question I would…

Customer Question
Hi, Labour Law Lawyer, ...

Hi, Labour Law Lawyer,

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

With lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

I have a question I would like to ask. I just finished union arbitration on May 17 regarding wrongful dismissal or dismissal without cause. Yesterday union supervisor phoned me and told me the results. Employer allow me to go back to work. But without compensation my wage lost, benefits and expense. Also ask me to have three months probation period. I have worked for this company for 17 years. I disagreed with this decision. My question is is it possible I can appeal the unfair decision?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

On Jan. 21 I worked at a long term care facility Crofton Manor to toilet a dementia resident. We had GI flu on that day. Resident asked me to take off my mask with eye shield. I told her I could not due to company policy. So when she went toilet, she took off his pull up on the floor. I bended down, when I arise, all of accident, she grasped my mask, then she got a cut on her right arm forearm about 1-2 cm. It is caused by her aggressive behaviour . I need to get some legal advise. Thank you so much. My phone is(###) ###-#### Please emai me. Thanks.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Yes it is possible for you, through the union, to appeal the decision of the arbitrator. It is also possible to have this decision reviewed.

Your next step is to tell the union you are not satisfied and want to appeal. They will have to speak to union counsel for their opinion on the chances of success. There has to be an error of law for you to be able to appeal or have the decision reviewed.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?