I had a son who got in trouble with law a it has been told…

Customer Question
I had a son...

I had a son who got in trouble with law a it has been told me, I found out recently he passed away but not sure if he was still in side or out side. I am getting mixed answers and badly treated at funeral home. I tried police I get no information on him. I tried his wife no answer and she became angry with me. I don't really know if I did wrong in asking police about him. ..... it be 3 years since I seen him and did visit a jail and found him there, the next time I tried to visit they said he had left........ no contact I try to get a report on how he died getting mixed answers I was told he went in for some kind of plant growth? how can I find out the truth

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

I don't know, he was found dead in a car is what i was told, we attend funeral but his wife made a scene and forced us to leave

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I keep thinking there was some fowel pay in his death as i get no information from his family in regards. He seemed to be doing well prior to marriage, and there was a big change in him afterwards, he seemed irritable. and a few years later i herd about what i already said don't know anything else

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Lawyer: ratioscripta,
 replied 2 months ago
ratioscripta

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (And, please ignore any reports from the site regarding your expert being offline - they are incorrect.)

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What exactly are you attempting to find out? How he passed away? Or, something else?

I've heard many things one that he was found dead in truck with drug overdoes, the other that he had separated from his wife, it makes no sense why would she not try to get a hold of me to help him if she herself couldn't. She wont give any paper inf, makes me suspicious, she didn't even call us, I started to feel that i had to look for him something was wrong, and went to her parents several times and they never provided me with any inf. I really want to understand what happen and defend him if need be in his situation as a parent
were you number
Lawyer: ratioscripta,
 replied 2 months ago

I am sorry, I just noticed you are in CANADA. This is the US category. I have to transfer you to the Canadian law Category so you will have your question answered by a Canadian legal expert.

Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.

My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck.

will you still charge me for not giving me any advise, hope not
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

I am a lawyer in Canada.

Let me know if you want me to try and assist you.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

I have not seen any question that's been asked my first message you said you couldn't help from the states, so id assume I would not be charged and only if someone answered my questions in Canada, but I have been charged for the first contact. They also said you are not lawyers so I wonder if its worth paying money for no real answer

What I said was:

I am a lawyer in Canada.Let me know if you want me to try and assist you. So do you want to go ahead or not?
that's all the inf I have

I just wasn't sure if you wanted to go ahead.

As you suspect your son died under questionable circumstances you can contact the coroner.

https://www.mcscs.jus.gov.on.ca/english/DeathInvestigations/office_coroner/coroner.html

You can explain that your son died and you believe that there may have bee foul play and you are asking for them to investigate.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?