Well, first of all I can't afford a lawyer, but I guess I…

Customer Question
Well, first of all...

Well, first of all I can't afford a lawyer, but I guess I can go to the courts to find out my question. If you are willing to give me an answer that would be great. I am a person with disabilities and took care of my wife for seven years, taught her how to speak, read, spell, write and all of the rest of the things that you teach a child. But now she has diminished too far and now lives in a home. I feel young and have been talking with a lady from Turkey for the last two years and she would like to move here and get married. Is that possible? Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in Turkish family court?

No, don't know how to.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I guess, I would like to know what she needs to get into Canada.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Canada Law
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 24 days ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Have you divorced your spouse yet?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you I really like this lady
I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation. Have you divorced your spouse yet?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Sorry, I would love to talk to you but I only get $1000 a month because I am disabled due to a hereditary problem.

There is no need to speak on the phone. Please answer my question.

Have you divorced your spouse yet?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Honestly, I would love to talk to you but then I really could not watch TV or
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I have
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Divorced my wife yes I have
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Sorry Debra have I missed something?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Debra, are you still here, or still looking? Thank you

I am in the process of composing the answer.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you, ***** ***** I could talk to you, but I am very poor, sorry

You can sponsor this woman as your spouse if you can marry her.

So you can go somewhere and meet her and get married or have her apply for a visitor's visa.

Once you are married you can sponsor your spouse for permanent residency status.

The way this works is you apply to be a sponsor and she applies for permanent residency status. The two applications go in at the same time.

It will take about a year for the application to be processed.

Here is a link to the information that you will need:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you so much, this is great! Can I print this?

I believe that after you rate me you will see a button that says share and using that button you can print off our conversation.

You are very welcome.

Please be sure to rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you so much for caring....it is hard for me to ask for help as I don't feel very proud, like I was. You are the top!

It is my pleasure!

Have a good night.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I am a very poor man who is disabled after taking care of my brain injured wife for about seven years and Debra was the nicest person with understanding my curcumstances and very fast in finding exactly what I needed to know. Thank you and God Bless you!
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you again, if there was a higher number than 5 stars, you are up there in the night skies!
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Can you count them?

That's very sweet.

Goodnight!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hi Debra,
I just wanted to thank you so very much, you probably get this all the time, but I feel shamed but I still want love and to give love and it is not so easy to do anymore. Your advise was so appreciated I can't tell you how much. I have had to use Legal Aid before and was not very proud of that either, but you did not make me feel that way. Hopefully(or not) if I ever need to hire a lawyer it would definitely be you. I thank you and your parents for having you.
Ken
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 23 days ago

That's very kind.

But you never clicked on the stars at the top of the page so the site hasn't seen the rating yet which means I've not yet been paid so please be sure to o that now.

Thanks again.