I have an ongoing situation for about 2 years now. A vendor…

Customer Question
I have an ongoing...

I have an ongoing situation for about 2 years now. A vendor that I leased web servers from keeps telling me I owe them $1200. Yet my payment receipts and their invoices show that I in fact have a credit of some $2800. Every time I asked for an accounting they just tell me that their system is 100% accurate and that I owe the money and they refuse to communicate with me. They have a person from www.pro-actarm.ca keep sending me emails that I can settle for 1/2 what they say I owe but he has yet to answer my question about accounting for the fact that I seem to have a credit in my account. Now they are threatening me with legal action. I am not about to bend to their wishes until they can show me why there is a discrepancy between my accounting and theirs. I have sent them all data - my payments, their invoices and my bank proof of payments made. What do I do to get these people to act professionally?

Lawyer's Assistant: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Did you read my summary

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think or I hope I am being clear in my comments

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

What you can do is send them a letter by Registered Mail. In the letter set out the facts and demand that they pay you the $2800 by a deadline that you set.

Tell them if they fail to comply you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking interest and your costs.

You can then sue them in Small Claims Court and self-represent. If it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on this site again and I can assist you further.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Thanks Debra - I have more information which I will submit on Monday. I had dental surgery yesterday and still recovering - regards, Wally

OK

I hope you have a speedy recover and get to relax a bit over the weekend.