Is it legal for my employer to prohibit nurses from having…

Customer Question
Is it legal for...

Is it legal for my employer to prohibit nurses from having water at the nursing station?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

The nurse manager has no problem with it

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Nurses union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They say it is an infection control initiative but we serve snacks to our patients post op so I do not see the logic behind it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

What does your union say?