Question if I was given a medical ROE for a back injury and…

Customer Question
Question if I was...

Question if I was given a medical ROE for a back injury and then went on the comanies LTD through their insurance.....does my company have to have me back at my position when my back is healed?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the injury with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No I left the comany with the medical ROE, there is no HR person

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of]

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Just needing to know if my employer has to have me back at my position?
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

What province are you in please?

Alberta

How long did you work for this employer for and how long has your leave been?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!