Have been in civil / real estate related law suit four

Customer Question
Have been in civil...

Have been in civil / real estate related law suit four years. One defendant's lawyer is refusing to respond when a settlement is on the table. Have proceeded through discovery and now unsure of what legal ombudsman I may enlist to get this lawyer to step up.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Canada - Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Keep asking our lawyer to follow up.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This has cost multiple dollars and time as we have followed the Rule 76 Simple Procedures - just to learn the truth about a property we bought in 2014.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Are you saying the lawyer will not present the offer to their client?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!