I am a Pakistani citizen employed in China. After my father…

Customer Question
I am a Pakistani...

I am a Pakistani citizen employed in China. After my father died my mother (63, American citizen) was all alone and she decided to move with me. The problem we are facing is that she is in need of medical attention and because of a number of reasons, she isn't able to get that in China. She refuses to go to America alone because of the current issues that they are having with Muslims. She is quite interested in moving to Canada but not alone. Do I qualify to apply for immigration of any kind?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes, my mother had filed some paper work to sponsor me back in 2011. and we are waiting since then

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No, not yet my mother needs medical attention now. and I am not sure how I can help her

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am married and have children. I spoke to you earlier too I can only pay via PayPal

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
5/30/2018
Lawyer: JenniferImmLaw,
 replied 2 months ago
JenniferImmLaw

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Lawyer: JenniferImmLaw,
 replied 2 months ago

I am confused because you mention Canada and the US. Where are you trying to immigration?

I am interested in Canada
Lawyer: JenniferImmLaw,
 replied 2 months ago

Ok, I am a US lawyer so I will opt out.

My mother is a US citizen who wants to move to Canada
ok
should I wait here?
hello?
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Are you a skilled worker?

Is your mother a skilled worker?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

my mother doesn't work anymore and she receives roughly $400 from the US government (social security benefits)My mom was a home health aide.
I am a course consultant (my job is with a private education institute in Nanjing, China)
My husband is a manager in a private trade company.
hello?